Pricing a Sun 3/80 system

Harvard Townsend harv at herkimer
Thu Oct 12 06:51:48 AEST 1989

In article <1694 at brazos.Rice.edu> wolfgang at mgm.mit.edu (Wolfgang Rupprecht) writes:
... <rest deleted>
>Also, while I'm at it, does anyone know if the CDC Wren V 94181-702 works
>correctly on the above Sun?  The recomended partition tables for this disk
>(under SunOS 4.0.3) only indicate 639k total blocks.  (I assume these are
>512 byte blocks.)  Is there a known problem that prevents one from using
>the last ~half of the disk?
>
>-wolfgang
>
>Wolfgang Rupprecht	ARPA:  wolfgang at mgm.mit.edu (IP 18.82.0.114)
>TEL: (703) 768-2640	UUCP:  mit-eddie!mgm.mit.edu!wolfgang

I have a CDC Wren V 94181-702 connected to my 3/80 sitting on my desk.  It
works fine, providing 613M of formatted space.  This is in addition to a
single internal 104M we got from Sun with the system.  We got the Wren V
from BoxHill Systems Corp.  Sorry, I don't know the price other then the
fact that they were low bidder, and a LOT cheaper than the equivalent from
Sun.  We simply plugged it in, ran "MAKEDEV sd0", built file systems, and
started using it.  No trouble at all.