Filesystem Backup using /etc/dump fails......

WINSTON%NUSEEV.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu WINSTON%NUSEEV.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Thu Oct 12 13:42:00 AEST 1989

Many thanks to all who responded to my message on /etc/dump problem.  The
cause of it lies in the new version of the /etc/dump command supplied with
SunOS 4.0.x; the size of tape parameter now expects the actual length of
the tape and not the product of number of tracks times length of tape as
in SunOS 3.5. I have tried with the following command and it worked fine,

    /etc/dump 0ucbsf 126 600 /dev/nrst0 /dev/rsd0g

Lastly, many thanks again to all those who responded.

Winston