Sun-Spots Digest, v8n136 [Networks]

Frank Heath earth!heath at sunkist.west.sun.com
Thu Sep 28 04:32:59 AEST 1989

Re:

>He forgot to mention all the little things
>like having to run 4.0.3 on both the tapehost and remotehost.  After
>getting past that point, I now get the first part of the download, and
>then die. I get as far as loading 129k from the tftp server, my ip address
>pops up, and then things just go phhhfffffft.

Check that your /export/root partition on the server is big enough, and
there is room in your /export in general.  I had a similair problem doing
the 4.0.3 remote upgrade. I created a swap area that was to small because
I followed the example in the manual which is wrong.  The miniroot used in
the install is put in the swap area and will blow up right away if it is
too small. Also you will want 3-5K  to spare or things will blow up late
in the process.

If you don't have room on the server you are in for some real work.

Frank S. Heath
heath%mogwai.decnet at consort.rok.com
sun!sunkist!earth!heath
mogwai::heath (Decnet)