Parallel I/O HW

Jeff Weber ginosko!cg-atla!weber at uunet.uu.net
Tue Sep 26 03:55:14 AEST 1989

Does anyone out there in net.land know of/sell/use a Centronics parallel
(redundent I know) output board for VME bus?  I have a line on a few
vendors that have single output boards w/o Sun software but I'm hoping to
do better.

	"Better" would be:

	* 2 or more Centronics output ports (I know about the ALM-II)
	* 6u form factor desired (9u would be ok)
	* Sun 4.0.X software drivers a plus
	* Will run on Sun SPARCStation 330/370/390
	* Do not need any serial ports
	* Buffering a plus

What's it used for?  Outputing large (50MB+) files to a Adobe Postscript
RIP.  Serial is a joke and there's no E-net on the RIP.

						Jeff Weber
					(508) 658-0200 x7026