Exabyte crashes SUN servers

Daniel Ehrlich shire!ehrlich at psuvax1.cs.psu.edu
Tue Sep 19 21:43:38 AEST 1989

In article <1228 at brazos.Rice.edu> wind!ferenc at bellcore.bellcore.com (ferenc horvath) writes:

>I've been using my Exabytes on my SUN 3/280's and had very few problems so
>far.  Recently, however, I've gotten the same error on two different SUN
>servers.  This causes my SUNs to crash and reboot.  I was wondering
>whether you've seen these errors on your systems.  Our servers are running
>SUN OS 4.0.3

You might try (getting, buying) Artecon's SCSI driver for SunOS 4.0.3
for the Exabyte tape drive.  I just had a Sun software engineer tell me
that full support for the Exabyte is NOT in the SunOS 4.0.3 SCSI driver
despite rumors to the contrary.  It is supposed to be `in the next
release'.  You know the line: "The check is in the mail." :-)

Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich at cs.psu.edu>   | "A message is not a message until the
The Pennsylvania State University  | rules for interpreting it are in the
Department of Computer Science     | hands of the reciever."
University Park, PA   16802        |    --Apollo Belvedere Smith