More Editorial Policy

Bob Greene rgreeneb at ricevm1.rice.edu
Mon Sep 25 10:30:00 AEST 1989

Starting in this issue of Sunspots, personal ads will no longer be
accepted for posting to comp.sys.sun. I have consulted with quite a few
people and the general consensus is that these ads have a better place to
live (ie: misc.forsale and it's bretheren). Also, advertisements from
companies for their products will not be accepted. I will however accept
announcements of new products on an "edited" basis only (meaning that I
will edit them down to just the bare essentials and strip out all the
advertising hype :)).

My feelings are basically that this newsgroup/digest is for technical
discussions and should not be used as an advertising medium.

Thanks for your continued support,
Bob Greene
Sunspots/comp.sys.sun Moderator

RGREENEB at RICEVM1.BITNET