Wanted: experiences using many lightweight processes

Keith Cooley kcooley at teknowledge.com
Wed Sep 27 10:31:48 AEST 1989

I am planning an application that will involve hundreds of lightweight
processes, possibly thousands. I would like to know beforehand if there
are any limits to the number of lightweight processes that can be created,
and what problems I might run into.

Now I presume that because stack allocation is dynamic there are no limits
there but I might run into performance problems with context switching of
threads as the number grows. I don't know. I would welcome any experiences
people have had with building programs involving more than 10
threads/lightweight processes.

Keith Cooley  Cimflex Teknowledge	kcooley at Teknowledge.com