Sun 3 Revision 2.8.4 ROMs permit slow hard copy consoles

Arthur David Olson elsie!ado at alw.nih.gov
Fri Sep 29 06:51:08 AEST 1989

In addition to fixing the Sun 3 "xy: cannot exec first read" problem (as
reported in Volume 8, Issue 109), the Revision 2.8.4 ROMs also fix
(Revision 7) bugs in support for using non-standard baud rates when your
console device is hooked up to a serial port.

The DECWriter IV I've stored away now for the last year now has a new home
connected to our Sun 3/280; as on old fogey who wants that hard copy "just
in case," I'm a bit happier today.

	Arthur David Olson   ado at alw.nih.gov   ADO is a trademark of Ampex.