dvitool

ken at cs.rochester.edu ken at cs.rochester.edu
Fri Sep 1 02:42:13 AEST 1989

We have dvitool 2.0 running under SunOS 4.0.3 on Sun-3s.  On large
characters (w>32) it mangles the raster. The character looks streaky like
those special effects in advertising titles and is half as tall as it
should be. I suspect a bug in creating the scan lines.  We are using pk
font files.

My question is: this doesn't seem to have happened before so has something
changed in pixrect library (3.4 -> 4.0.3) that caused the assumptions made
in dvitool invalid? I know the source makes some possibly unwarranted
assumptions about pixrects (contiguous, aligned to short word boundaries).
Does this ring a bell for someone? Before I dig in.  I also know dvitool
is byte order dependent, but this is not the problem here, we are running
on Sun-3s.

	Thanks, Ken
	ken at cs.rochester.edu
	..!rochester!ken