Problems with Excelan's Export 2000 software

Mark Benard mb at rex.cs.tulane.edu
Thu Sep 14 13:50:23 AEST 1989

We recently purchased several Excelan Export 2000 terminal servers with
the Sun-based management software and have had problems getting them
booted.  Today I was told by an Excelan technical support person that it
appears that their software does not work under Sun OS 4.0.3, although it
worked under 4.0.1.  Has anyone else had this problem?

They seemed uncertain as to when, and IF, they might have a fix.  Does
anyone have any experience with their MS-DOS management software?  Is it
any better?  Or should I just ship the terminal servers back to them?

Mark Benard