SUN Transcript

Ed Morin edm at nwnexus.wa.com
Sat Sep 2 05:07:34 AEST 1989

One thing that bothered me about Sun's Transcript is that when the fonts
are originally tar-ed off the distribution tape, there exist a number of
links between files which same a considerable amount of space.  During the
course of installation the entire set of font directories are cp -r over
to their final destination.  The problem is that all of the link in-
formation is lost and the disk bloats out.

My solution was to remove the tree after the installation and do a tar
copy of the distribution tree to preserve the links and save my disk
space.  It was quite time consuming though and their installation should
have been much more intelligent about it all...

Ed Morin
Northwest Nexus Inc.
"Unix Public Access for the Masses!"
edm at nwnexus.WA.COM