Source Distribution

Bob Greene rgreeneb at ricevm1.rice.edu
Fri Sep 22 15:58:00 AEST 1989

This is the first issue of the Source section of the Sunspots digest
to come out, so let me briefly state my general policy. This section
of the digest will now be devoted to (a) requests for source/public
domain programs and (b) brief descriptions of source that are publicly
available.

All source that is submitted to Sunspots or comp.sys.sun should be
accompanied by a short description that tells what the program is,
what hardware it needs to run on, any "interesting" effects it causes,
etc. I will strip out the actual source and make it available on
titan.rice.edu via anonymous FTP. I will also forward copies of this
source on to the moderator of comp.sources.sun. However, a copy will
be held on titan at least until it has been processed for comp.sources.sun.

A few people have mentioned that they do not have FTP capability and thus
are being 'cut out' of the source distribution. For the moment, you are
correct :(, however, I will attempt to locate a UUCP'able host that
would be reachable by most of you. More news as this develops.

Bob Greene - Sunspots/comp.sys.sun Moderator
RGREENEB at RICEVM1.BITNET    RGREENEB at RICEVM1.RICE.EDU
{bone}!rice!ricevm1!rgreeneb