SCSI disks for Suns

Yedidya Israel yedidya at bimacs.bitnet
Tue Sep 26 00:37:15 AEST 1989

[A question for a friend]

Interested in a 150 MB SCSI disk for Sun3/50.

About the two disks described below we have a few questions:

1) Cipher has the "ST150/S-2/90" but it has two limitations: a) ROM
version 2.8 (and up), and b) SunOS 4.0 (and up).

Q1: is there something special with ROM version 2.8 + ?

Q2: is SCSI supported by SunOS 4.0 not the same as of 3.x ?

2) Archive's Viper-150

Q3: any known limitations ?

| Israel Yedidya, Math & CS Department, Bar-Ilan U, Ramat-Gan, ISRAEL. |
| Bitnet:   yedidya at bimacs                                             |
| Internet: yedidya at bimacs.biu.ac.il                                   |
| Arpa:     yedidya%bimacs.bitnet at cunyvm.cuny.edu                      |
| Uucp:     ...!uunet!mcvax!humus!bimacs!yedidya                       |
| Csnet:    yedidya%bimacs.bitnet%cunyvm.cuny.edu at csnet-relay          |
 \--- If someone proves there is no God, I'll stop being religious ---/