sun4 memory board in sun3 ?

Steve Groom stevo at elroy.jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 29 03:17:19 AEST 1989

In article <1750 at brazos.Rice.edu> beaver.cs.washington.edu!wuarchive!uwm!aplcen!ginosko!cg-atla!weber at cs.utexas.edu writes:

>The board for a 3/200 series machine is not compatible with a 3/100 based
>machine.  No jumpers or other variables will make it so.  As far as I know
>your 3/200 memory board will only work in 3/200's and will not work in
>3/400 or 4/300 either.

They will, however, work in 4/200's.  We have a few 3/200's that we
upgraded to 4's, replacing only the CPU and keeping the same memory
boards.  They've been running that way for over a year now.

Steve Groom, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA 91109
Internet: stevo at elroy.jpl.nasa.gov   UUCP: {ames,cit-vax}!elroy!stevo
Disclaimer: (thick German accent) "I know noothingg! Noothingg!"