warning about SparcStation configuration

Kemp at dockmaster.ncsc.mil Kemp at dockmaster.ncsc.mil
Wed Sep 27 11:46:00 AEST 1989

Mike Caplinger writes:
 > . . . I have two useless SparcStations right now because, of course,
 > I didn't get the OS media for machines that supposedly came with it
 > already installed.
 >
 > And to think I was hoping this would be the first Sun ever to run
 > right out of the box.  Another screw from Mountain View...

I hope you sent this message to Sun, and not just to the 'Spots.  I
ordered my SPARCstations without the OS media too, but my Sun
Salescritter, who is usually quite efficient about such things, came
through again.  She added the media line item to my order before accepting
it.

All companies, including Sun, are made up of people.  It wasn't 'Mountain
View' that screwed you, it was the salesperson that took your order.
Complain to that person or to someone higher up the ladder.  It's been my
experience that Sun listens to complaints.

Of course, if Sun were McDonalds, you would get the tape for free if it
was their fault it wasn't on the original order.  :-)

   Dave Kemp  <Kemp at dockmaster.ncsc.mil>

P.S.  Our color SPARCstations were ordered on 1 Aug, and shipped on 15
Sept - 45 days - just like Eduardo Krell's.