changing IP address on a 3/50

Grant Collins grant at saturn.cs.swin.oz.au
Fri Sep 29 11:42:03 AEST 1989

I need to change the IP address of a diskless 3/50 served by a 4/260
(running YP) but have struck a problem.  I have changed the IP address in
the /etc/hosts file and re-made the YP map, and renamed the /tftpboot file
appropriately, but when I reboot the 3/50 it gives 'access denied' when it
tries to mount the root file system from the server - it gets the boot
file OK and starts up vmunix OK, lists the configured devices, etc but
craps out when it has to mount & check the root file system.  The
/etc/bootparams YP map shows that the machine has access to the
appropriate file space on the server, as does the /etc/exports map.  I
just dont get it...