The SUN is NOT Setting

Chuck Williams - PEPnet Administrator chuck at wooglin.asd.contel.com
Fri Sep 29 21:37:49 AEST 1989

First, I would like to thank all of you who rapidly replied to deny the
rumors I had heard about the demise of some of Sun's product line.

Secondly, the info I received from a number of sources is:

1) the 386i line is staying with Sun. In fact they've committed to developing
   a 486i line.
2) the 68020 based Sun3 machines are going away as they are now obsolete.
3) Sun would like to push the SPARC stuff, but will not abandon the other
   parts of their product line.

Thanks again to all who replied. Sorry if I caused any undue anxiety on
anyone's behalf.