Sun/PC cartridge tape interchange?

Gerard A. Robinson robinson at winton.med.unc.edu
Fri Sep 1 22:55:29 AEST 1989

In article <980 at brazos.Rice.edu> eplrx7!ejg at uunet.uu.net (Ed Grozalis) writes:

>Does anyone know if it's possible to write cartridge tapes from a PC in a
>way that is completely compatible with Sun tape drives/software?  Info on
>manufacturers for both hardware and software would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Ed Grozalis
>(302)695-7948
>...!uunet!eplrx7!ejg

My use of this technique is with a PClone from Trillian, and an Everex
tape unit under 386/ix from Interactive Systems.  I use 'cpio -[oi]cB' or
'tar' under the two unixes to transfer software like the 'GNU'
distributions to my 386 at home (not that I've had an unfrustrating time
getting some of it running, but that's another message).

Gerard Robinson.