Adapting rs449 port on Sun MCP board

Steve Urbach ntmtv!urbach at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 12 02:40:34 AEST 1990

>From article <6349 at brazos.Rice.edu>, by steve at c10sd4.stpaul.ncr.com (Steven Engelhardt):
> We are attemping to use one of the rs449 ports that come on a Sun MCP
> board. We have used the 2 rs232 ports and need another port.  We need an
> adapter to convert the DTE rs449 (female) on the Sun to rs232.  I have
> tried modem adapters (AT&T) and they do not work.  Has anyone found one
> that works?

RAD lists a V.24(rs232) to V.36(RS449) converter MIC 24/36 your MCP port
is DTE so the pn is MIC 24C/36T Telephone (201) 587-8822 is head office,
I've seen  their products in various catalogs.

BTW your MCP is an ALM-2 with different I/O connectors and a few jumper
changes :-).  you did not mention if you needed sync or async operation?
MCP and tty[a|b] support sync/async, the ALM-2 give yo more async only
ports.

Steve Urbach              Steve has lot's of opinions..
Northern Telecom               His employer subscribes to none of them.
Mountain View             Mail: {amdahl,ames,hplabs}!ntmtv!urbach