Info needed: FAX from Macs and Suns

Elke Hinrichs gmdzi!elke at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 9 23:49:04 AEST 1990

At our site in Bonn, West-Germany, we have a local network consisting of
several (bridged) Ethernets and LocalTalk nets;  LocalTalk and Ethernet
are connected via Kinetics Fast Path Boxes.  There are some 200 Macintoshs
(Plus, SE, II) and appr. 100 Sun workstations (anything ranging from Sun
3/50 to SparcStations).

Now we would like to hook FAX machines to the net.  I.e. we want to send
and receive FAXes from our Macintoshs and Suns.  Therefore, we are
interested in a sort of FAX Server connected to one or several FAX modems
(preferably residing on a Sun).  Additionally, we would need some software
to let our Macs participate (particularly driver and some converter into
PostScript or g3 format).

We are interested in any commercial and/or ShareWare products.  Any
comments or suggestions are highly welcome.  Thank you in advance.

Elke Hinrichs
German National Research Center for Computer Science (GMD)
P.O. Box 1240      D-5205 Sankt Augustin 1    Fed. Rep. of Germany
e-mail:  elke at gmdzi.gmd.de               phone:  (+49 2241) 142442