using dynamic linking

Chris Elvin celvin at ee.surrey.ac.uk
Wed Apr 11 18:20:48 AEST 1990

In article <6537 at brazos.Rice.edu> chuckles at sne42e.orl.mmc.com (chuck strickland) writes:

>We have built the GNU emacs editor. We noticed that the crt0.c module does
>not do the call to ld.so to resolve runtine symbol links.  has anyone
>modified the crt0.c to call ld.so. Or does someone have the source for the
>sun crt0.c module that can share the code needed to invoke ld.so.

Can somebody clarify a point here for me.  I've been running GNU EMACS
18.52 under SUNOS 4.0[.1 .3] for neraly 2 years now.  I built emacs
straight from tape using the s_sunos4.h configuration file and its run
without a hitch.  Have I got a statically linked program??

Chris Elvin
C.Elvin at EE.Surrey.Ac.UK
Dept of Elec. Eng, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 5XH. England