Net weirdness between two Sun 4's

caldwr!rfinch at caldwr.water.ca.gov caldwr!rfinch at caldwr.water.ca.gov
Sat Apr 7 08:15:30 AEST 1990

Every so often (once every 3-4 weeks) a Sun 4/260 and a Sun 4/330 starting
acting strange on our network.  They will start shipping packets back and
forth like mad (~ 512 on the perfmeter), the cpu usage goes up on both
machines as shown on the perfmeter, but neither ps -aux nor top show the
cpu usage.

What causes this?  How can I stop it?  Today when it happened rebooting
the 4/330 didn't fix it, I had to reboot the other too.

Ralph Finch			916-445-0088
rfinch at water.ca.gov		...ucbvax!ucdavis!caldwr!rfinch
Any opinions expressed are my own; they do not represent the DWR