Personal Workstation?

Derrick Williams ccicpg!cci632!ritcsh!derrick at uunet.uu.net
Sat Apr 7 12:14:43 AEST 1990

I have been using SUN  3/50's,3/60's, and now a 3/80 for my coursework in
the previous years. I enjoy using the SUN workstations, and would like to
know if SUN offers low cost workstations for private users. I understand
that the SparcStation 1 was marketed to be competitive against the Mac II.
If the SparcStation indeed is in the same price range, I would be
interested in what the specs are, and the price for a basic system.  If
anyone knows of any future marketing plan or a plan that exists now in
selling low end SUNS, please mail me, as I only read the newsgroup
occasionally.