Questions about Sun Compatibles

dan at ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov dan at ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov
Sat Feb 10 15:32:25 AEST 1990

A few months ago, we had a Solbourne on loan.  The machine appeared well
made, and its performance and compatability seemed fine.  Supposedly,
through Solbourne, we should be able to get a more powerful machine at a
reduced cost with the added feature of multiple processors without a loss
of compatability.

Currently, we are in need of more file server power and file space.  Does
anybody on the net have any strong feelings to relate or any good or bad
experiences with Solbourne or any other Sun-compatable vendors in terms of
reliability, cost, maintenance, compatability, and expandability?

Thank you for your help.