Halp! SunLink DNI 6.0 problems on 4/60c

mdavcr at wimsey.bc.ca mdavcr at wimsey.bc.ca
Thu Feb 22 07:14:52 AEST 1990

In article <5148 at brazos.Rice.edu> jet at karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) writes:

[ ... stuff deleted ... ]
>Right.  Time for us to cancel our order of DNI, that is, if we can find a
>better product.  What other Decnet software is there for the Sun 4/60?
>Specifically, we need decnet login and LAT terminal service.

You might want to take a look at Ki Research's DEKnet and LAT products.
Digital Review gave their DEKnet a better rating than DEC's own product.
We use their LAT product and find it useful in connecting to our Suns from
LAT terminal servers and for accessing LAT-based printers from Unix.
We've found a number of bugs in their LAT implementation but they seem
eager to address them.