Sun/4 for accounting software (not IBM!)

David Robinson david at elroy.jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 16 15:51:03 AEST 1990

In article <5011 at brazos.Rice.edu> nova!hart at decwrl.dec.com (Howard C. Hart) writes:
<>
<>*PLEASE HELP ME CONVINCE THE CONTROLLER SUN IS THE WAY TO GO, NOT IBM!!*
<>
<>We are currently considering purchasing a Sun/4 to run interactive A/P,
<>G/L, labor distribution, job cost system, and Fixed Assets.  We are
<
<Unfortunetly, I'd tend to argue the other way. I'm no fan of IBM's, but
<the one thing they do do right is transaction processing and accounting.
<Sun fails pretty miserably in that department.

As a point of fact, Sun uses an IBM to do their MIS processing.  They used
to use an HP 3000 but upgraded last year and lost a bunch of money.  I
would have to agree that there is just not enough good MIS software for a
Sun out there.

	David Robinson		david at elroy.jpl.nasa.gov	  Internet
				{decwrl,usc,ames}!elroy!david	  UUCP
Disclaimer: No one listens to me anyway!