MS-DOS on SparcStation 1 ?

Walter D. Neumann neumann at mps.ohio-state.edu
Tue Feb 27 04:35:51 AEST 1990

The MS-DOS emulation on the SS1 has a bug that affects a lot of software.
I have not been able to get a reply from SUN either through my sysop or
directly.  A colleague in Japan has isolated the bug:  DosWindows does
not--or maybe just does not always--emulate the 80x86 RCR command
correctly.  Specifically, the 8088 source line

RCR WORD PTR [SI],1
is emulated as
SHR WORD PTR [SI],1.

If anyone has information on a fix or update, reply to me directly, and I
will summarise useful information.

Walter D. Neumann, Math. Dept., OSU, Columbus, OH 43210
neumann at mps.ohio-state.edu or neumann at ohstpy.bitnet