Setting correct timezone

Lee Fedor fedor at dsg.csc.ti.com
Fri Feb 9 03:02:20 AEST 1990

It seems that there should be a easy way to change what timezone a system
is set to.  We recently had one of our systems move with our user from the
East coast to the Central TimeZone.  Is there an easy way to change the
system, other than going through a Suninstall to get the timezone
correctly set?

And while we are on the subject of bothersome questions, is there an easy
way to disable shutdown messages from popping up in all of the windows
that you have open?  We are running 4.0.3 on sparc systems and running
X11R3.  mesg n does not shut off the messages about a system going down.
Is that because root can always overwrite?  It seems that there should be
someway that you could direct those messages to come up in the console
window only.

I appreciate any help you can give me, and will post results.

Lee Fedor
System Administrator
Texas Instruments
Austin, Texas