RasterOps SS1 TC Card

Martin Peter mpeter at krishna.zir.ethz.ch
Sat Feb 24 02:56:44 AEST 1990

we have the option of purchasing for our Sparcstations 1 a GX board or a
RasterOpsTC ColorBoard. Since our main applications only involve
displaying raster datas and not graphics, the GX board with its
accelerator is maybe not very usefull. On the other hand true color is in
some applications more important.

Does anybody have any comments to RasterOps ?

- how well is it integrated in the SUN OS ?
- is there a chance that an X server supports the TC board ?
- is there already an X server which supports SUN's GX board ?

Thanks for any information
Martin