incomplete 4.0 source distribution?

henry at zoo.toronto.edu henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Fri Feb 9 08:06:42 AEST 1990

>... the following directories are absent:
>
>usr.lib/libcgi
>usr.lib/libcgi77
>usr.lib/libpc
>lang/adb
>lang/as
>lang/compile
>lang/c2
>lang/dbx
>lang/pcc
>lang/inline

This is a feature, not a bug, according to Sun :-).  That is, if you ask
Sun for that stuff, they tell you "you can't have it".  (At least, I
recognize most of the directories mentioned as being under that heading.)
This has been university-source policy for a long time, it's not new.  As
far as I know, nobody has ever been able to explain what's so secret about
most of it.  (I can understand being reluctant to release lang/c2, but the
rest of it seems quite irrational.)

                                    Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
                                uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu