Projection systems for Suns

Karen Birkelbach karen at pemrac.space.swri.edu
Thu Feb 8 03:45:43 AEST 1990

In v9n20 [Hardware], keegan-edward at yale.edu (Edward Keegan) writes:
>We've been looking for a similar device. BARCO offers a couple of
>different types. Their sales reps are not very responsive, however. SONY
>also has one but their sales reps are worse. I've requested (on multiple
>occasions) price and product info (from both BARCO & SONY) and have not
>received anything to date. Good luck!

We recently gave a demonstration of some graphics software written here
using an ELECTROHOME ECP 4000 Color Projection System connected to a
SPARCstation 1.  It seems this is the only one on the market that can
handle the high bandwidth and rescan rates.  It's pretty expensive, but it
does a fabulous job.

Karen Birkelach              Instrumentation and Space Research Division
karen at pemrac.space.swri.edu                 Southwest Research Institute
...convex!pemrac!karen                                  6220 Culebra Rd.
swri::karen (SPAN)           (o)(o)           San Antonio, TX 78228-0510