Sun 4/330 Clock Advance?

Alan Epstein metasoft!alan at uunet.uu.net
Fri Jan 5 09:16:15 AEST 1990

Release notes for Sun OS 4 indicate the need for a cron process to fix a
bug in the date (clock) mechanism. It indicates the lossage is minimal,
less than 5 minutes a year (?) or some such.

Actually, our Sun 3's have been behaving fine with respect to their
keeping time. However, our recently acquired Sparc 330 has been exhibiting
a once a week lossage of about an hour and a half, almost randomly.  Is
there a fix for this?

Please send replies via e-mail. Avoid net clutter!

Alan Epstein
Meta Software Corp                   UUCP:  ...bbn!metasoft!alan
150 Cambridgepark Dr        Internet/ARPA:  alan%metasoft at bbn.com
Cambridge, MA 02140  USA