Reseting the SPARC eeproms to default values

mike at shogun.us.cc.umich.edu mike at shogun.us.cc.umich.edu
Mon Jan 15 05:25:14 AEST 1990

I am in the process of trying to load a SPARCstation from tape.  I have a
Sun supplied tape drive at SCSI 4 and a Maxtor drive at SCSI 1.  I was
having trouble seeing both devices on the SCSI bus (using scsi-probe) and
I starting fooling with the eeprom.  I set the sbus-probe-list to 01234567
(think this had to do with SCSI) and now the machine fails it's self test
(the green light on the front panel doesn't blink and the screen remains
dark).  Is it possible to perform some action to get the eeproms to revert
to their default values.  Is there some kind of reset switch?

Please reply by mail if possible.  Thanks for your help!
                                                                 Michael Nowak
                                       University of Michigan Computing Center
                       USMail:  611 Church St., 2nd floor Ann Arbor, MI  48104
		  EMail:  mike at us.cc.umich.edu -or- mike_nowak at um.cc.umich.edu