better monitor??

Doug Brooks brooks at osiris.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 17 06:41:31 AEST 1990

I question your usage of the term 'better' when referring to the Sony 19"
monitor compared against the Sony 16" monitor.  Yes you can get either
monitor with you SS-1, with the 19" version being $2K higher in price
(List Price).

However, both monitors have exactly the same number of pixels and when you
put the same number of pixels into a 16" frame instead of a 19" frame, you
will effective have a better resolution since you have more pixels per
square inch.

Therefore, in my opinion, the 16" monitor is 'better'.  The 19" does have
the benefit of being larger and this may be important depending on each
individuals purpose for their machines.