SUN for accounting system

Marie McCall mtm at igor.philips.com
Tue Jan 9 06:40:44 AEST 1990

My company is currently considering purchasing a Sun/4 to run interactive
A/P, G/L, labor distribution, job cost system, and fixed assets.  We are
looking for a company which is similar to ours that has already done this.
We are a research laboratory for a Fortune 23 company.  We have
approximately 12,000 G/L accounts and do about 120,000 A/P transactions
per year.  Although we do R&D we also resemble an electronic manufacturing
operation and deal with cost accounting. We would greatly appreciate the
opportunity to talk with someone with any similarities. I am posting this
for our controller who has been dealing with his accounting software on an
IBM for the past 10 years and needs some reassurance about switching to a
UNIX-based system such as SUN.