FrameMaker (Sun) vs. SunWrite/Draw vs. MS-Word (Mac) filters

Pierre Flener c/o awb pf at grad11.cs.duke.edu
Thu Jan 11 07:27:19 AEST 1990

At my home university I have edited & formatted hundreds of pages under
FrameMaker on a Sun-WS. Now I am on leave for six months at another
university thousands of miles away from mine, where they don't have
FrameMaker! But they do have SunWrite/SunDraw, as well as MS-Word (Mac).
Since most of my files are bound to evolve in a near future (some of them
are drafts of papers to be submitted to forthcoming conferences), I will
not have the time (nor the courage) to start again from ASCII files.
Furthermore the same problem will arise again in six months when I return
home. This would be a rather boring and tedious job to do by hand,
therefore my question is:

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF (or: HAVE) A CONVERSION FILTER FROM FrameMaker TO
SunWrite/SunDraw OR MS-Word (Mac), AND VIVE-VERSA ???

(Luckily I had the wisdom to dump both FrameMaker and ".MIF" files on my
tape before leaving for my new university).

Mail answers to "pf at cs.duke.edu".
Thanks a lot, merci, danke schoen, dank u, mille grazie,
							Pierre.