More on CG6 board.

Jim Hudgens hudgens at ray.met.fsu.edu
Mon Jan 29 02:23:07 AEST 1990

Hi.  I posted a question in v8n203 concerning the lack of documentation on
the Sun GX board.  Several persons responded asking that I forward any
information I recieved to them.  Well, the only documentation I can find
includes the article in SunTech Journal, and the files given by:
/usr/include/pixrect/cg6*.h  (thanks to someone who pointed this out, and
whose message I've lost).

So I decided to use the documentation in /usr/include/pixrect/cg6var.h and
see if I could get quadrilateral fills on my own.  After a few hours of
work I managed to get it to work, and it really is suprisingly easy.  I
have a demo I'll mail to anyone interested.

I really cannot understand Sun's position on this matter.  The champions
of "Open this, that, and the other" has come out with a peripheral which
is almost entirely "closed"; almost completely undocumented.  A peripheral
which appears to have many, many features, most of which are unusable
without buying either SunGKS or SunPHIGS (which I presume support the
board).  How about some documentation or inexpensive graphics
libraries....

Jim Hudgens
Dept of Meteorology, Florida State Univ.	hudgens at ray.met.fsu.edu