Sparcstation Video slave monitor

Paul Nordstrom gill!paul at uunet.uu.net
Fri Jan 12 04:10:57 AEST 1990

We are installing a SS1 and we would like to set it up with *two* color
monitors, both of which would display the same thing.  Is this possible?
Is it simple?  Has anyone ever done this?  The two monitors would both be
local (i.e. within 3 or 4 feet of the system unit).  There would only be
one keyboard and mouse; the second monitor would just be a slave of the
first.  Is there some way to split the video signal or do I need a second
frame buffer or something similar?  The solution has to be transparent to
software.  My expertise is software, so an overly technical response will
go over my head.  Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Paul Nordstrom
Gill & Co., L.P.
uunet!gill!paul