Performance Numbers

Joseph Godsil jgodsil at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 5 23:49:30 AEST 1990

Does anyone know what the Intel ethernet controller [ie0] is rated at for
throughput?  I have looked through a couple of documents and did not see
any reference made.  Any values for the second ethernet [ie1] on a
machine?  I know that it is only a 16 bit interface, but has anyone ever
done any testing to find out a throughput value?

I found the the Xylogics documents for the 450/451 and they were rated at
1.8Mbytes and 2.2Mbytes sustained throughput.  Does anyone know if these
are accurate [like hardware companies would stretch the truth? :-)]

Also, any information on the Xylogics 7053 controller?

I know that the values are dependant on number of disks attached, e types
of disks, etc, but I just wanted some estimates.

Thanks in advance, and if there is enough interest, I will post the
information.

   Joseph M. Godsil  (jgodsil at ncsa.uiuc.edu)