Seeking good FILE ARCHIVING package for SunOS

Trevor Wright "Marconi Baddow" hrc63!trw at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 29 01:58:56 AEST 1990

We are seeking a good, tried and tested, reliable etc etc File Archiving
package for Sun OS. Just so there is no confusion, I dont mean a disc
backup package - we've sorted that one out thanks - but a package to
provide network users with the facility to safely store off-line large
quantities of stuff they no longer require on-line.

There seem to be numerous offering for VAX/VMS but none (surely not!) for
UNIX. What do you large commercial and university users do with your
multi-gigabytes of stuff which you dont want to clog up your valuable
on-line disc space.

Any replies will be summarised and posted back to the net if appropriate.

Please mail replies to:
in the UK: wright at uk.co.gec-mrc
from the US: wright%gec-mrc.co.uk at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
via uucp: wright!gec-mrc!ukc!mcvax!<etc etc>

Trevor Wright, GEC-Marconi Research Centre, Chelmsford UK
+44 245 73331 x 3224