Happy New Year

Bob Greene rgreeneb at ricevm1.rice.edu
Wed Jan 3 11:30:00 AEST 1990

Happy New Year to all the Sunspots readers everywhere. As Sunspots
enteres the 1990's, we now switch to Volume #9 of the digest. I am
busily catching up on a big backload from the holidays, but expect to
be "up to date" within the next few days. After that, the next big
project is to bring the indices for old Sunspots issues up to date.
I believe that the indices for everything up through v7 are correct.
I will verify this and then create the v8 indices over the next week
or so.

Another big project that I would like to undertake in the upcoming
months is to create a compilation of setup tables: this would include
the printcap entries for printers, the device format table entries for
various disks, etc. I have noticed over the last few months that a lot
of questions on here are of the variety "how do I use a xxxx with my Sun?"
and I think this master file could serve a useful purpose in answering
these questions.

Also in the future is a real "Most Often Asked Questions", and a few
other regular monthly features that explain how the list works and
hopefully will help to make things run more and more smoothly.

As always, thanks for your support - the contributors are what make
Sunspots the useful resource that it is. If any of you have any
feedback or comments about Sunspots, please feel free to contact
me directly at any of the addresses at the end of this letter.

Bob Greene, Sunspots (comp.sys.sun) Moderator

RGREENEB at RICEVM1.BITNET
RGREENEB at RICEVM1.RICE.EDU
...!psuvax1!rice!ricevm1!rgreeneb