PostScript printing without Transcript?

doug at JHUVMS.BITNET doug at JHUVMS.BITNET
Mon Jan 29 05:24:50 AEST 1990

In article <4322 at brazos.Rice.edu> poffen at sj.ate.slb.com writes:
>just fine on your postscript printer. To print a file that is already in
>postscript format, you must make sure the first line of the file is '%!'.

That sounds right but we have a Sun running transcript and are having a
problem with this.  A few users are creating postscript files on their
Macs and then uploading them to the Sun and printing them.  The result is
either nothing after the burst page or a copy of the postscript file.  We
cannot get the document to print properly.  The first line is
'%!PS-Adobe-2.0' although I have tried also '%!', '%!PS-Adobe-1.0', and
'!%PS-Adobe'.  Has anyone else seen this?

Doug O'Neal                  Distributed Systems Programmer
Homewood Academic Computing  doug at jhuvms.bitnet, doug at jhuvms.hcf.jhu.edu
Johns Hopkins University     mimsy!aplcen!jhunix!doug