DTP on SUN SPARCstation

mamia!albert at mthvax.cs.miami.edu mamia!albert at mthvax.cs.miami.edu
Fri Jul 6 16:30:07 AEST 1990

At work we are looking into a high-end Desktop Publishing System. The
system does not necessarily have to be UNIX but for obvious reasons I
would prefer it to be thus.

We have next week a demo on a SUN SPARCstation 1 featuring FrameMaker and
Interleaf Publisher. I would like to know if this is the high-end of the
DTP market on UNIX machines, if not on the SUN.

Also, for those of you who have experience on either FrameMaker or
Interleaf Publisher, please provide me with your comments on their
performance.

And for those of you who have experience on better machines featuring
better software, please provide me with your comments on their
performance.

Thanks,
albert chin ... mthvax!mamia!albert