Sun 3/80 boot FIXED!!

Jeff Giacobbe giacobbe at pilot.njin.net
Tue Jun 5 06:05:35 AEST 1990

My Sun 3/80 boot problem is fixed!  Thanks to all who responded, all of
your information was infinitely helpful.

The problem (as 99.99% of you suggested) was an inconsistency between the
/etc/hosts entries and the export directories.  I was using FULLY
QUALIFIED domain names for the clients in the /etc/hosts file and
rpc.bootparamd was choking on it.  I switched them back to just the
machine name and everything booted perfectly!

Thanks again to all who responded, I really appreciate it.

Jeff