4.1 PSR A/CD-ROM

Paul Graham pjg at acsu.buffalo.edu
Tue Jun 5 15:01:18 AEST 1990

I'm sure this will be in the Sun documentation at some point in time but
at the moment it's not clear from the doc that booting a PSR-A machine
(490 etc) fails from the CD-ROM.  Methinks the boot doesn't get installed
correctly. I've heard a rumor that after mini-unix is installed you should
use the regular boot with the appropriate switches. I just dd'd it onto a
spare partition.

I will say the CD-ROM is a big win, like I'll buy more before I'd ever go
back to tape. Seems a shame the first one out has a bug this big.