Multi-level pullright menu manipulation

Mike Jipping jipping at cs.hope.edu
Thu Jun 14 22:10:28 AEST 1990

HELP!  This is driving me mad!  This is a pullright menu application
running on SunView 1.80 under SunOS 4.1.

What I want to do is call up a menu of filenames, using pullrights for
those entries which are directories.  These pullrights are the contents of
the directories, which may also have pullrights, etc.  Once a selection is
made, I need the tree path retrievable so I can place the path name in a
filename text panel item.

I cannot get the action procedure for the selection in the "leaf" (final)
menu to execute.  I think I'm screwed up between the notify procedures of
the intermediate menus along the way and the action/notify procedure of
the final leaf menu.

This sound familiar?  It's the way the SunView mailtool works at selecting
a folder from a hierarchy.  BUT...mailtool is provided in the src
directory in object form...sooo...I can't see how they do it.

Any clues?  Thanks.  I'll summarize to the net.

      Mike Jipping                        Internet: jipping at cs.hope.edu
      Hope College                          BITNET: JIPPING at HOPE
      Department of Computer Science         Voice: Hey!