XDR streams

Steven Gutfreund sg04 at gte.com
Wed Jun 6 01:27:26 AEST 1990

I need to create an stream of data on stdout, which consists of a header
of  text, a trailer of text (created by printf's) and sandwiched inbetween
about a 5000 XDR float values. I have tried doing this in the
straight-formrward manner, of doing the printf's and then a
xdrstdi_create, xdr_float's and then the printf at the end.

Unfortunately, something does nt seem to be flushed from the XDR
structure, when the last printf occurs, or the XDR decode is eating some
of the text data. How do I close/flush the xdr output stream? I tried
xdr_destroy but that did not help.

Yechezkal Shimon Gutfreund		 		  sgutfreund at gte.com
GTE Laboratories, Waltham MA			    harvard!bunny!sgutfreund