How is the SPARCserver 470

billy at vaxb.acs.unt.edu billy at vaxb.acs.unt.edu
Thu Jun 28 19:05:01 AEST 1990

I was talking to Sun salespeople yesterday about possibly buying one of
those new SPARCserver 470s.  Does anyone have one yet?  If so, what do you
think about it?

I'm planning to use the system I purchase as a combo timeshare & server
system.  With the 470, I would definitely be using the IPI disk drives.
Also, how are the 9 track and 8 mm tape systems for the unit?

Thanks,

Billy Barron                  Bitnet : BILLY at UNTVAX
VAX system manager            THENET : NTVAX::BILLY
University of North Texas   Internet : billy at vaxb.acs.unt.edu
                                SPAN : UTSPAN::UTADNX::NTVAX::BILLY