SSI DOS Window - Harvard Graphics & Show Partner

mevans at gumbo.age.lsu.edu mevans at gumbo.age.lsu.edu
Sat Jun 2 04:12:49 AEST 1990

We are trying to run Harvard Graphics or Show Partner on a Sparc Station I
in the DOS window.  There are problems running each package.  Has anyone
successfully run either Harvard Graphics or Show Partner in the DOS window
on a Sun 4/60 ?

Here is a summary of our problems:

Harvard Graphics:  The font files are not accessible regardless of their
  location.  We have the font files in the same directory as the programs &
  also have them in the user's home directory.  Is there a way to override
  the "default/configuration" location of the font files?  We have NO
  problems running Harvard Graphics from any PC.  We only have problems when
  running on the SSI DOS window.

Show Partner:  The graphics editor (ged) automatically comes up in
  Hercules mode.  We have the DOS window set up as CGA prior to invoking sed
  or ged & the DOS window goes into the Hercules mode when sed or ged comes
  up.  The show editor (sed) will not come up at all, in any graphics mode
  (CGA or hercules).

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please send them to me at my
internet address:  mevans at gumbo.age.lsu.edu

Thanks!!

Marlene Evans
mevans at gumbo.age.lsu.edu