would a diskfull SLC + a diskless one work?

smosjc!lapyun at uunet.uu.net smosjc!lapyun at uunet.uu.net
Fri Jun 1 09:52:55 AEST 1990

We have a lot of SS1 and SS1+ with 3rd party hard disks (from 327M, 500M,
600M to 1 G) and all of them work fine.  We tried Highland Digital and
InterCad.  Recently Mostel and some other company sent us price quotes and
they are really cheap.  I believe they use the same hard drive such as
Imprimis, Hitachi etc.  Check with them for pricing.  300M is around 2.3K,
600M is around 2.8 - 3.0K, 1.2G is about 4.5K.  (You can get the phone
numbers from Sun observer, Sun Tech Journal, etc.)

We use 1/4" tape drive from Sun and we don't have any experience with 3rd
parties.

uunet!smosjc!lapyun